Sunday 7 April 2013

The future of coin collecting in America - a response

One blog I enjoy reading a lot is Dave Harper's 'The Buzz' and I highly recommend you take a look if you haven't found it yet. I must take issue with one paragraph he writes later in his article entitled "New coin age coming". He states that it is certain that the future will not 'be bound by' the collection of coins from circulation.

My experience is that increasingly, in the UK at least (or perhaps just in Scotland!), younger collectors ARE picking up the slightly unusual coins they find in circulation and collecting them - indeed a large part of what I write about involves this hobby. Perhaps things are different across the pond but I believe this is a point that requires more balanced thought!

He is a very knowledgeable man so please read his blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment