Saturday 22 June 2013

A new numismatist?

I am pleased to discover that the olympic 50p collection is more sought after among the general public than I realised. Over the past 2 weeks, 2 friends have told me they are collecting them too! One of them has never collected coins before in their life but has taken a keen interest in these coins. I really think they are an excellent way for the amateur numismatist to expand their collection as it is unlikely we we will ever see such a diverse collection so easily amassed in british coinage (at least from general circulation) again. It is great fun swapping the duplicates you have with friends and colleagues who have duplicates of ones you need!

On a frustrating note, I must admit that this coin-virgin has a more complete collection of them than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment