Sunday 9 June 2013

Boring euros and the 'E' word

Well,my opinion on the euro currency coins hasn't changed - what a dull bunch!
On the plus side, I did find my first 2013 coin on my return: a shiny new 10p coin. It really has taken a while this year to see them circulating but hopefully it will be the first in a flurry of new year coins in my change.

I also tried electrolysis on some of my very low grade Victoria and George V pennies. I would never advise anyone does this on coins which are worth anything nor that anyone who does not fully understand the reaction taking place and dangers involved attempts it but it does seem to work! I realise there will be collectors out there pulling their hair out at the roots at my very mention of the 'E' word but I like the effect it had on the low value coins I subjected to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment