Sunday 30 June 2013

Inspiration

Everything out there tell the new coin collector what to collect, how to store it, where to find information on coins and how to look at them.

What everyone forgets to say is: ENJOY YOUR HOBBY!

Today I spent the day looking at fantastic coins like the last ever Queen Ann guinea produced in Edinburgh and a spectacular example of the George II Lima bust guinea at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.

Taking in the beauty of these coins thoroughly re-invigorated me to look out for my own little pieces of numismatic history. Obviously, I will never own such incredible and historic coins as these but to own your own little lower grade lower value coin of a similar era can provide a great thrill - you can reach out and touch it anytime you want! I'm not sure the curators in Edinburgh would be too pleased if you tried to touch these coins....!

No comments:

Post a Comment