Monday 14 January 2013

British Five Pound Coins

I was asked today for advice by a friend. She wanted to know what to do with her collection of five pound coins (she is not a collector) that were given to her by her grandmother.

My advice to her was to keep them somewhere dry and safe and to keep them separated in the original envelopes they arrived in! Interestingly, unlike most other people who seem to think such coins are worth ludicrous amounts of money, she asked me what they were worth and when I told her she was pleasantly surprised to realise that they are probably worth more than the face value she had assumed that they would fetch!

I think I had an effect on her when talking about her coins and my coins - I even found her looking up Ebay for coins this afternoon!!! Maybe I have helped to inspire someone new to take an interest in coins!

No comments:

Post a Comment